Does fantasy football sack productivity?
CHICAGO, ILL., 8/30/16 8:25am
• New estimate puts employer losses at nearly $17 billion
• “It is difficult to measure productivity in the traditional sense of output per hour”
New FAA drone rules go into effect
WASHINGTON, D.C., 8/29/16 10:15am
• Plan ahead. Plan well ahead.
• “People are captivated by the limitless possibilities unmanned aircraft offer”
Where do the most successful people live?
LOS ANGELES, 8/29/16 7:34am
• If you guessed California, guess again
• “Certain areas in the country definitely house more financially successful citizens than others”
(Photo from video by Gene Beley)
Scooping ice cream success one painting at a time
LODI, 8/29/16 4:36am
, by Gene Beley, Delta Correspondent
• Tony Segale literally painted his hometown, making his mark with many murals
• Has he invented a new way to market artwork with ice cream?
• WITH VIDEO
“Widow foreclosures” may go the way of Simon LeGree
SACRAMENTO, 8/26/16 11:54am
• State considers legislation to protect spouses who weren’t listed on the home’s mortgage
• “We should not continue to allow lenders to add undue burden on a grieving family”
State closer to shutting off tiny water systems
SACRAMENTO, 8/26/16 11:42am
• Assembly approves bill to limits proliferation of smaller public water systems
• “Many smaller agencies, especially in disadvantaged communities, simply don’t have the staff, money and expertise”
Visalia dairy fined $59,850
VISALIA, 8/26/16 6:27am
• For failing to report the impacts of operations on water quality
• “Annual reports contain vital information regarding manure handling at dairies”
People in the News
STOCKTON, 8/25/16 9:01pm
• Statewide leadership post for a Sac State prof
• Telecommunications company has new Valley leader
• And more…..
Amilton de Mello shows off the Bonanza Cut
(University of Nevada, Reno, photo)
A new way to cut beef. Really?
RENO, NEV., 8/24/16 9:03pm
• New specialty steak cut, the Bonanza Cut, unveiled by meat science professor
• “Chefs and restaurants will love this cut”
State Parks and Recreation reorganizing
SACRAMENTO, 8/23/16 9:03pm
, by Gene Beley, Delta Correspondente
• $54 million squirreled away three years ago to be given back to the department next June
• Director Lisa Mangat promises boaters their tax dollars will not be merged into non-boating projects
• WITH VIDEO