AUDIO: There’s hope for job-seekers – If
February 6, 2011
• Executive coach offers tips to land that job
• ‘The most important thing is to stay really positive’
The Great Recession may be over for Wall Street but not for Main Street, especially the “main Streets” of the Central Valley where unemployment rates are running at 15 percent to nearly 20 percent.
But there are jobs out there and executive coach Bonnie Marcus says attitude and preparation can help land a job.
“The most important thing is to stay really positive and to focus on what your accomplishments have been in the past and some of your strengths,” Ms. Marcus says.
(Bonnie Marcus offers talks in depth about her tips for job seekers in today’s CVBT Audio Interview via Skype. Please left-click on the link below to listen now or right-click to download the MP3 audio file for later listening, perhaps on your iPod as you’re waiting to go in to the interview.)
Ms. Marcus recommends job seekers do the following to ensure a successful interview:
• Identify and understand your value proposition;
• Review the job description;
• Match your expertise and value proposition to each line of the job description;
• Align your experience and values to where the company is headed.