William Jessup University completes $17 Million campus expansion
August 16, 2012
• Adds new dining facility, classrooms, gymnasium
• Expects record fall enrollment
New dining facility
A $17 million campus expansion that adds new dining, athletic and classroom facilities has been completed just in time for the fall term at William Jessup University in Rocklin.
It’s the second major expansion since the four-year private university relocated to Rocklin in 2004. In the fall of 2009, William Jessup doubled its on-campus housing capacity by opening a 192-bed apartment building complex.
The latest expansion adds a full-feature dining facility with indoor and outdoor seating, an intercollegiate gymnasium, classrooms, and music practice rooms. The new 54,000-square-foot facilities will be fully operational when an expected record number of more than 1,000 students return to campus later this month.
“This expansion allows us to better serve students today and also prepares us for continued increases in our enrollment,” says John Jackson, president of William Jessup University. “We are very thankful for those who have made this expansion possible through their generosity and partnership as we teach and see the transformation of our students.”
The new expansion includes:
• A 19,400 square-foot dining facility with open-style kitchen and specialty eatery areas that focus on providing convenient, fast fresh food. The dining facility will open to students on August 29, the first day of classes.
• A 1,018-seat gymnasium for basketball and volleyball that also features athletic offices and a training room.
• Six classrooms, totaling 6,291 square feet.
• Eleven music practice rooms with studio pianos, including two larger practice rooms with concert grand pianos, and teaching studios with grand pianos.
Reeve-Knight Construction Inc. was the general contractor for the expansion project and the Taylor Group served as the project architect. The design group also included Jim Webb and his team at Webb Design, who focused on the kitchen and the café interior.