California employers add a net 26,300 jobs in August
ROSELAND, NEW JERSEY
September 7, 2017
• ADP report shows growth compared to July
• Uptick in jobs that actually produce things
California private sector employers hired 26,300 workers more than they fired in August, according to data released Thursday by payroll processing company Automatic Data Processing Inc. (NASDAQ: ADP) of Roseland, New Jersey, in collaboration with Moody's Analytics Inc.
That compared to a net 14,700 private sector jobs added during the month of July.
Nonfarm, goods-producing employers added a net 4,800 jobs in August. Jobs in the service sector increased by 21,500.
By Select Industries
(July numbers in parentheses)
• Natural Resources/Mining and Construction 4,300 (1,200)
• Manufacturing 500 (-1,000)
• Professional and Business Services 6,800 (4,200)
• Trade, Transportation and Utilities 3,500(1,900)
Note: The sum of components may not equal total, due to rounding.